Our Legal Team
- Bachelor of Laws, UBC
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), UBC
- Member of Law Society of BC
- Member of Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
Prior to joining GKS Law Firm, Risha practiced wills and estates, civil, real estate, employment and family law at an international firm in downtown Vancouver. Risha has a range of experience including discoveries, mediations, settlement conferences, arbitrations, and trials. She has successfully represented clients at both the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia. She is able to assist clients in English, Punjabi, and Hindi. Risha is dedicated by providing her clients with high value and creative legal solutions. She is passionate about ensuring her clients are supported during each stage of their matter.
Prior to attending law school, Risha completed her Bachelor of Arts in Criminology at Simon Fraser University while volunteering at the B.C Children’s Hospital and Richmond Soccer Youth Association. Risha completed her Juris Doctor at Bond University. At Bond University, Risha was awarded First in Class in Contract Law achieving the highest mark in her cohort. She later obtained her Masters of Laws from Bond University with a specialization in Dispute Resolution. Risha was called to the Bar in British Columbia in 2020.
Out of the office, Risha is active in her local community. She serves as Board of Director at the Richmond Community Foundation and is regularly engaged as a keynote speaker at local high schools. Risha enjoys travelling, hiking, biking, reading and watching sports.
- Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University
- Juris Doctor (Honours), Bond University
- Masters of Law (Honours), Bond University
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
Raveena is a legal assistant with over three years of experience in the administrative field.
She wears many hats in the office, from drafting legal documents and acting as a liaison to handling client accounts in confidentiality.
- Legal Assistant Certificate | Douglas College
Join Our Team
GKS Law Firm is a growing law firm that represents injured workers in their Workers’ Compensation (WorkSafeBC) claims. We are always looking to expand our team in Burnaby with motivated lawyers interested in this field of law.
The ideal candidate for our firm:
- has an interest in Administrative Law, with experience in Workers’ Compensation matters being an asset, but not required;
- is capable of presenting at oral hearings and producing written submissions;
- is committed to creating strong client relationships; and
- is capable of taking on a high level of responsibility.
If you are interested in working in a supportive and positive work environment, please forward your resume and law school transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Dedicated Work Injury
Law Firm By Your Side.
We’ll guide you through the appeal process – we’re in it together. If your WorkSafeBC (WCB) claim has been denied, we’ll work out your legal options and work quickly (within legal deadlines) to appeal the decision.